Monday, September 8, 2008

The Hair-Cut

I recently got a new hair cut..admired by some and rejected by some..but "the business-look" by most..


Is this what we do here..at B-school??Lets find out...

Where do I stand today after three months of rigorous work pressure: As a little confident, little more knowledgeable, a little apprehensive because of market effects and little more stressed with work load piling up!!



Whether I would land up with a good job, is NOT the most important issue for me..will I be a better person than what I already am, is! If I would be able to deliver the best, and be the best in the field I work in..in the BIGGEST priority for me..and so to work towards the same now, is even more important.



I read another book, despite work pressures, and even more social pressures..

Its called "Who says elephants cant dance"...one of the best-sellers.

Its all about strategies, strategies and even more strategies..(yes in compilation with the earlier aspects of the books which I have mentioned din my earlier posts:employee relationship etc...)



The book practically took me closer to myself..the dust of old times swept clean.

Its not about talking about myself..its more about the feeling of being able to do, what as a student I was able to implement at an early age of 12-13years.


  1. To understand the concept of organisation culture, and defining Victory on this alone.

  2. In competition, culture is not one of the elements to win, it is EVERYTHING..

  3. Understanding both the need of the consumer and your own people is most important, because if you dnt know your own strength then you will never be able to get the best out either.

  4. If needed, the organisation structure must be changed, afterall..its the organisation which needs to sustain, and at a profit.

I implemented all this and more when I was at school. As the head of a student organisation, I had implemented, out of instinct, what would be best for my group. Not only did this common sense work, it took us from the spot of number3 to Number One.


I mention this today just for my personal knowledge, just in case I underestimate my capabilities or forget about all this in future.


One of the important things which is changing our purview, is Market research subject, one of major contributors towards our growth.


The focus, the objectives, the approach, the learning and implementation which takes place side by side, and the overall brainstorming which follows after each session, within our groups....what more can one say. We are learning what most people learn after working for years at an organisations..and I can challenge, we are learning it better!!


Our ongoing project is on the study of Rose and Gerbera growers/cultivators, in India.


But the theoretical base forms the basis of every and any Applied Market research!!




Be back soon with the rest of the story soon...


No comments:

Google