Friday, December 19, 2008

Survey : Day2&3

.....................

I feel I have no words left..
Only to add that we had could get a good number of respondants today. 
I enjoyed listening!!
And...got very very tired.

From yesterday's and today's survey, I've made myself clear to the fact that I should NEVER work as an investigator. There were too many errors and other things which could have been avoided.

Anyways, anything different today?
One thing...noone's happy with the Government, there are all complains. Like, lack of auction houses, where they can hope to sell their goods at a better price.
This is from the farmer's point of view..

The survey, from my point of view, was an eye opener. I could see, how I ask or deliver questions. We were making the errors, which had been mentioned by our prof. However, since we are aware of them, we were trying hard not to commit them! Like, asking questions without looking at the questionnaire, or the tone in which the questions should be asked.
Natural factors, like tired-ness, were affecting things a lot.
To stand in the sun for hours, constantly searching for the respondants, and finding 1 in 600, was a........ (I dnt even have words to explain)
But to be honest, I've decided not to carry out surveys (to be an investigator). Not totally, but the least the possible.
But there is something very unique in the experience we had for the three days. More than the objective of achieveing our targets of the number of respondants to be interviewed(which was easily completed by the end of day3), we were absorbing so much of data and information, which awed us, surprised us, dissapointed us, confused us, angered us and delighted us..
We never hear a "neutral" news in any newspaper, tv channel, etc. Its always a point of view, despite the fact that it should be neutral. 
But what we were hearing there, was right from the heart and soul of the farmer.

Farmers who are still cultivating, because they cannot switch to something else, famers who are making good profits, farmers who failed & left it totally and farmers who want to start but do not get the right information even from the Government sources.

I also heard, that this year, the percentage of farmers was very less as compared to last year. So, I feel that we probably missed out on more such information.
Overall, I'm even more empowered to learn now.
I feel, there's much more to the picture than what apprears!!

No comments:

Google