Sunday, March 30, 2008

A discussion on success..

Me and my friends got together yesterday to celebrate my "finally" getting into one of the better colleges of the country.
A treat for them, and a joyous moment for us.

We talked about everything: how it all started, the way we all got stuck, and yes, the way a few of us, finally made it into different B-schools.
But...one thing, which caught our attention, was the troubling fact of not getting the desired results. Although the enthu with which we all started was higher than an average person, we hoped (practically enough) to be a part of a list of colleges, which everyone dreams to be in.
The mock tests, the GDs, everything was quiet satisfying, but the RESULTS weren't.

But as I've mentioned before, one gets tough facing these failures. I didn't even cry after my CAT exam, which went in the bin, right away! Because while giving it, I knew its GONE.
And then and there I set my target for the next best place..
Ahh.. these bitter experiences...

But life means to move on...and so did we.
It is one of the changes you'l notice about self, when you are fighting for such places and seats.
That, though winning "is" the only thing that matters, but if you loose, do NOT give up to try again or other options.

Atleast I didn't...

But yes, I do expect to know the basis of my rejection. The reason and the criteria which these colleges and for that matter, every college uses to select students.
Because none of us(me and my friends) expected to not get into one the colleges which was on our list.

Should I say its unfortunate for us, or should I say its deliberate on there part..that not all the colleges, have transparency towards there selection procedures. Infact, to reveal the placements, is another category,where its hard to know whats the truth. For ex:they never mention the lowest salary package that a student gets, or in many cases, they won't even upgrade there website.
How should a student know, where he stands...until and unless he/she has a clear idea whether they'd make to the college or university of there choice. We all fill the forms and then get nowhere even near that institute. On the basis of a small hope, we go ahead, wasting all the money, time and effort.
Its quiet a Guilt to realise, that all that hard earned money of our parents, just got wasted.

All these false hopes and dreams may never end till the end, thats around first week of April. And till that time, we carry on...


I'm sure frustrated, like all my friends and fellow students, because we thought hard work matters.

I got selected in a good college, but its not about where you finally land up.
Its about that hope one has, and the hope your family has towards you.
I did succeed in giving back that hope to them, and to myself.
Its not IIMs, but so what... It doesn't matter where I am, what I am, does!!
And to succeed, thats all you need: Know Yourself!!

Know your strengths, know your talent(s) or explore and find that hidden talent and be Unique.
"The Unique You" is the first thing these people want to see.
And the rest will fall into the RIGHT place.

Best of Luck..

1 comment:

Vishal Singh said...

truly it doesn't matter where we are..its only a matter of what we are...success is attained only when one gets hapiness and satisfaction.....its not a matter of IIMs or something else..its a matter of fulfilling one's goals and aspirations....the satisfaction should be derived from the fact that one tried his level best to achieve his goals....rest is GOD's grace...success is a relative term and may vary from person to person...success is sum of preparation ,opportunities,good luck and God's mercy...luck might not have allowed a person to achieve his goals but that does not means that he does not deserves it ....a man's dreams,destiny and happiness can't be slave to a particular orgz. or institute(even IIMs).......hope this might have completed the definition of success put forwarded by the blogger......keep blogging on these lines........these are the finer things which only a few understand......

Google