Friday, April 4, 2008

The First Book

Ahem..
Its not everyone's comfort zone, I know. But since this student kingdom has every aspect to follow, I thought this is a MUST to mention!!

I have always been fond of books, novels in particular, since they've been the best imagination tools. And till date, the best one I've read is Eragon. Yes, the same one from which the movie was made. But like Harry Potter fans say, the book was better than the movie, I couldn't more agree with them on Eragon as well.
Anyways, so when I thought of getting some "gyan" through the books the BIG business people read..I searched through a lot of forums and found a bunch to munch.
However, I was very much unaware that my first book, wasn't actually or directly related to MBA or business culture. It is actually the end of this dragon tail.

Its called... "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" by Robin Sharma.
And those who have read this master-piece, would surely agree that this is one of those rare books to get all hands on..One which has the basic essence of time, of possessing hidden energy and power and most of all of valuing the people around us.
It wasn't anything I expected it to be!!
First I never ever expected that the title of the book was so literal to whats inside it.
Second, its narration as a story, and very unlike those confidence/motivation booster books, we come across. So it sends out its message in the most simple manner.
But as I said earlier, its the tail of the dragon. Either a beginner or a professional, when you start to think on those lines(simple lines) you get that deep sense of being. A sense of yourself and those around you.

So..go on and have a bite!!I'm sure you won't regret it..
:)

After this one..my second book is.. "What your CEO wants you to know" by Ram Charan.
I'll surely mention about this one later.. I know it will take time to grab and apply what this has to say. Coz I'm as amateur as anyone..
So, be it..lets move on with the book love...

No comments:

Google